--> divine angst: good v. bad

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

good v. bad

Good:
The cool weather has finally arrived. I am actually wearing a sweater today.

Bad:
My blowdryer decided this morning that it would not blow if the barrel was not pointing up. It works to about 15˚ off the horizontal, but any farther than that and it craps out. This will make drying the top of my head awkward.

Good:
Last night's dinner was lovely—mushroom risotto, baked pork chops with a balsamic pan sauce, and spinach salad with Don's Florida Salad Dressing. I added a pinch of dill and some oregano, too, just because. We also enjoyed a bottle of our honeymoon wine.

Bad:
My iPod battery has been acting funky, taking a full charge and then resetting itself because it thinks it doesn't have any charge. This is nervewracking. I bought it in February, so I still have a few months of warranty. I really don't want to send the thing in for replacing, though. I seem to be able to avoid problems if I (a) listen to it every day and (b) charge it up every night. Listening and charging simultaneously, which I tend to do at work, appears to only increase the likelihood of problems.

Also:
Everybody who hasn't voted needs to drop what they are doing right now and make their way to their polling place. Voting matters. Really.