--> divine angst: Things I did on Labor Day

Monday, September 06, 2004

Things I did on Labor Day

  1. Forced myself to stay in bed until 10:30 am despite being awake by 9 am. It's a holiday, damn it!
  2. Made buttermilk pancakes and French press coffee.
  3. Attempted to froth milk in the KitchenAid with the whisk. This did not work. I really need one of these.
  4. Watched two episodes of What Not To Wear and two episodes of Law and Order.
  5. Remained perfectly still for half an hour when the electricity went out and the air conditioning subsequently stopped so that my body would not overheat.
  6. Reset all the clocks in the house after the power outage.
  7. Took a practice LSAT and scored one (1) point better than my previous high score and 5 (five) points higher than my last, disappointing performance.
  8. On that same LSAT, got 19 games questions right out of 24. Of the five that I missed, four were questions I didn't answer because I ran out of time. In other words, I only missed one question that I actually answered.

The day's not even over yet! Still to come: sautéd fillet of salmon, potatoes au gratin, and steamed broccoli with lemon butter. Possibly some laundry. Perhaps an after-dinner walk.

It's been a good holiday, and a good weekend.

UPDATE: No laundry, two more WNTW episodes, and a batch of banana bread in the oven. Oh, and no exercise. Hey—it's a holiday. I don't have to work out.