--> divine angst: Happy New Year all!

Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year all!

On New Year's Eve, I like to think back to all the things I've done in that year that were momentous (or that I did for the first time). Here's a portion of that list:
  1. Got married
  2. Visited Italy
    • spent two days trying to find the Spanish Steps
    • ate real bistecca alla fiorentina and it was GOOD
    • found "our" wine while having a snack in the Piazza della Signoria, which we now buy whenever possible
  3. Gave two weeks notice and started a new job (all my other job switches before have been preceded by other factors, like moving)
  4. Said goodbye to my mom when she moved several hundred miles away
  5. Saw a Wagner opera
  6. Was a bridesmaid to one of my bridesmaids
  7. Went to a "feting" (NOT a wedding)
  8. Decided to go to law school
  9. Visited Sedona and saw the red rocks
  10. Had my wisdom teeth out, five years late
  11. Said goodbye to my best friend when she moved several hundred miles away for culinary school
  12. Took the LSAT
  13. Debauched in Las Vegas for four days
  14. Applied to law school
  15. Hosted Thanksgiving at my house
  16. Found out I'm going to be an aunt next summer
  17. Got accepted to GWU, where I know I'd enjoy being a law student

Wow! That's a lot! There are some good things in there, and some sad ones, and some that will shape the direction of the next several years of my life. I'm a little scared when I realize that, YES, I have been accepted to law school and this whole adventure is no longer just a flight of fancy. It's actually going to happen. And you know what? I'm thrilled. Best of all, I have my soulmate with me and we're on this rollercoaster together.

Happy New Year!